What is one of the keys to becoming a better cook? Finding ways to make things easier and more efficient! Check out these genius kitchen hacks that will change your life and save you time and money in the kitchen. Whether you’re a veteran or a novice, everyone can use some handy tricks to make cooking easier.
1. Make your fingers wet to easily remove egg shells from the egg white and yolk.
2. Use cookie cutters to fry some creative eggs.
3. If an egg is fresh it will sink in water, if it floats it’s no longer good to eat.
4. Empty ketchup bottles can be used for pancake mix.
5. Use tic-tac containers for spices.
6. To remove the smell of garlic from your hands, rub them on stainless steel. This procedure also works to remove the smell of onions or fish from your hands.
7. To remove fat from a soup stew or casserole, drop a few ice cubes. The fat will congeal around the ice cube so if you take them out before they melt you can get rid of most of your fat.
8. A wooden spoon over a boiling pot stops water from overflowing.
9. Two lids and a sharp knife are all you need to cut grape tomatoes or grapes quickly.
10. Keep bananas fresh longer by wrapping the stems in plastic wrap.
11. Put the onions in the freezer for a few minutes before chopping to reduce tears and that stinging feeling.
12. Use a kitchen glove or rubber band to easily open a jar.